The Northern Melbourne Medicare Local works to improve health outcomes for the community in Melbourne’s north. We work collaboratively to meet the needs of the local community and to ensure that people receive the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
Better health outcomes for the community in Melbourne’s north.
We will operate in a transparent, strategic and collaborative way, driven by the needs of our local community.
To ensure our community receives the right care, in the right place at the right time.
NMML is accountable to the local community for:
- Making it easier for the community to access services by linking GP’s, nurses and other health professionals, hospitals, aged care and ATSI health providers.
- Ensuring the community can access GP services after hours by planning and supporting regular GP services.
- Ensuring that the community can access quality health care by supporting local primary care providers, including GP’s, practice nurses and allied health professionals to meet and improve quality standards.
- Working closely with local hospitals to facilitate the collaboration between hospitals and other health services to ensure better community health outcomes
- Identifying the services its local community needs and for co-ordinating the delivery of services.